Selenium WebDriver & Core JAVA
Selenium is a browser automation tool, commonly used for writing end-to-end tests of web applications. A browser automation tool does exactly what you would expect: automate the control of a browser so that repetitive tasks can be automated. It sounds like a simple problem to solve, but as we will see, a lot has to happen behind the scenes to make it work.
WebDriver is a tool for writing automated tests of websites. It aims to mimic the behavior of a real user, and as such interacts with the HTML of the application. Selenium WebDriver’s functionality is based around controlling a web browser, and inspecting the DOM.
At a very high level, Selenium is a suite of three tools.
- The first of these tools, Selenium IDE, is an extension for Firefox that allows users to record and playback tests. The record/playback paradigm can be limiting and isn't suitable for many users,
- The second tool in the suite, Selenium WebDriver, provides APIs in a variety of languages to allow for more control and the application of standard software development practices.
- The final tool, Selenium Grid, makes it possible to use the Selenium APIs to control browser instances distributed over a grid of machines, allowing more tests to run in parallel.
Importance of Core Java to learn Selenium:
This is not for selenium only but also for other automation tools also, if you don’t know the scripting language of that tool you cannot learn automation testing. Why I am saying this because if you want to create functions for some functionality, without programming you cannot create and you will be stuck there. But again this does notmean that you should behave like a core programmer. Selenium supports java, C#, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby & Java Script
languages. So you should know at least one programming language to use Selenium Tool effectively. If you want to use Selenium with Java then you should know core java.
Below are the topics those you need to learn in core java and we are also covering these topics in our classes.
Selenium WebDriver Syllabus:
- OOPS concepts: Encapsulation, Abstraction, Polymorphism and Inheritance
- Introduction to class, Instance Variables, Instance methods, Class Variables, Class methods, Object
- Object Instances, method overloading/overriding concepts and packages
- Control Statements – While, do-While, Switch, if statements – Through these we can go for customization in our scenarios
- Constructors, Abstract methods, Abstract class, Interface (Multiple inheritances), Method overloading, Method Overriding, Packages.
- Loops and arrays
- Exception Handling
- Files and Streams: Useful in case of data driven framework where we want to maintain our test data and scripts in separate files
If anybody wants the syllabus he can contact to the concern faculty (Email and Mobile number given at the top of our website)
Course Duration & Fee Structure:
- Duration : 6 to 8 Weekends
- Classes : Classes will be provided only on weekends (Sat & Sun , 2 hours each day)
- Course Fee : Course Fee is Rs- 11000.00/ You can pay it in two installation (Rs 7000.00 + Rs 4000.00)