ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification
The ISTQB is a software testing
qualification certification organisation that operates internationally. Founded in Edinburgh in November 2002, ISTQB is a non-profit association legally registered in Belgium.
ISTQB® Certified Tester is a standardized qualification for software testers and the certification is offered by the ISTQB . The qualifications are based on a syllabus, and there is a hierarchy of qualifications and guidelines for accreditation and examination. The ISTQB® is a software testing qualification certification organisation having over 200 000 certifications issued; the ISTQB® consists of 47 member boards worldwide representing more than 71 countries
Currently ISTQB® provides 4 levels of certification:
The Foundation Level examination:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Advance Level
- Test Manager
- Test Analyst
- Technical Test Analyst
- Expert Level
- Improving the Test Process
- Test Management
- Test Automation (planned to be deployed in 2012)
- Security Testing (planned to be deployed in 2012)
General Foundation Level Exam Structure:
- The Foundation Level examinations shall be based on the Foundation Level syllabus.
- Answers to examination questions may require the use of material from more than one section of this syllabus.
- All learning objectives (on cognitive level K1 to K4) in the syllabus are examinable.
- The examination shall comprise 40 multiple-choice questions.
- The number of points available in an examination is 40.
- Each correctly answered question is worth one point
- The time allowed for the examination is 60 minutes, if given in the candidate’s native language
- If the candidate’s native language is not the examination language, the time allowed is 75 minutes
We provide the full support and guidance to clear the ISTQB foundation level examination.
- A score of at least 65% (26 or more points) is required to pass.